From Vancouver to Nanjing
Co-sponsored by the Government of Canada and the Ministry of Construction, Government of China.
China’s approach to rapid urbanization will influence the global urban agenda for the foreseeable future. This session will explore the changes and opportunities for urbanization in China and elsewhere, and provide insight on the issues that will table at the WUF4. In recognition of the significance of China’s contribution to the international urban dialogue, the Fourth Session of the World Urban Forum in 2008 will be hosted by the Ministry of Construction of China and the City of Nanjing.
- Brock Carlton, Director, International Centre for Municipal Development, Federation of Canadian Municipalities, Canada
- André Juneau, Deputy Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, Government of Canada (Session Chair)
- Anna Tibaijuka, Under Secretary-General, United Nations; Executive Director, UN-HABITAT, Kenya
- Michael Harcourt, Co-Chair of the Canadian National Advisory Committee for WUF 3; Former Mayor of Vancouver; Former Premier of British Columbia; Current Chair, External Advisory Committee on Cities and Communities, Canada
- Martin Lilja, State Secretary, Ministry of Sustainable Development, Government of Sweden
- Wang Guangtao, Minister of Construction, People’s Republic of China
- Wu Zhiqiang, Dean, College of Architecture and Urban Planning, Tongji University, China
- Wu Tinghai, Deputy Director of Institute of Architectural and Urban
Studies, Qinghua University, China
- Fu Ping, Assistant President, Shanghai Land Development Group, China (speech in Chinese)
- Gao Yufeng, General Manager of Shanghai Land Development Group, China
- Lu Bing, Deputy Mayor,City of Nanjing, China