Funded by: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Development
The Safer Cities provides technical support to the District of Bamako in the development of a crime prevention strategy and plan of action for the city of Bamako. It also aims at strengthening municipal capacities on safety and crime prevention, through capacity building activities. This project is complementing a project funded by the Ministry of Justice, Canada on Crime prevention and Juvenile Delinquency in Mali.
- Capacity-building sessions to the municipal staff on crime prevention approach andpractices
- Technical support to the Municipality in thefinalization of the diagnosis of insecurity anddevelopment of a crime prevention strategy,
- Development of pilot activities on social prevention.
- The municipal diagnosis was successfully completed in 2003 and main results were validated by key stakeholders' and the Minister of Justice.
- The crime prevention strategy is being developed and a number of pilot activities have been identified. Funding to implement these activities needs to be secured.
- Capacity-building sessions were provided to the municipal co-ordination team and Mayor of Bamako through training sessions provided by international and regional experts.
Coordinateur du Projet Se’curite’ Urbaine
Pre’vention de la De’linquance Juve’nile
dans le District de Bamako
Tel: (223) 6468427