The first phase of the Arequipa project was devoted to the preparation of the GEO Arequipa Report supported by UNEP GEO City Programme.
The project builds on previous and on-going initiatives promoted by the Arequipa Local agenda 21 prepared in 1999 dealing with issues such as: air management, solid waste management and green areas protection.
- Revision of the master plan (Plan director) on the following two aspects: (a) Protection of green areas (Campiña), and (b) Urban mobility
- Establishment of the municipal environmental management system
- Review of Local Agenda 21activies and preparation of an urban environment action plan
- Establishment of an Environmental Management Information System (EMIS) as a tool to provide coherence and access to urban environment information to improve decision-making
- Strengthening of citizen participation in urban environment planning and management
Sr. Jose Luis Medina Fernandez
Department of Environmental Management
Municipality of Arequipa
Arequipa , Peru
Project Local Technical Support Institution
Sr. Edwin Guzman
Calle Mariano Melgar N° 308-D of. 210 Cercado
Tel: (+51) 54 - 205113/ 206491