UN-HABITAT is implementing the Human Value Water Sanitation and Hygiene Education Programme as a component of the Water for African Cities Phase II Programme in Côte d’Ivoire. The Human Value Water Sanitation and Hygiene Education programme includes,
- Promoting Human Values-based Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Education through the curriculum
- Developing Resource Materials for Curriculum.
- Conducting training in Teacher’s Training Colleges and selected schools
- Developing Teacher Training Guides for use in Teacher Training Colleges and Schools.
- Demonstrating Human Value-based Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Education in selected pilot schools and surrounding communities.
- Developing resource material and pilot demonstration of Human Value-based Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for the non-formal Education Sector.
- Developing partnerships with the Water and Sanitation Service Sector for increased and sustainable Water and Sanitation Service provision to schools.
- Building capacity for promoting Ethics and Human Values at the work place, especially schools.
- Building capacity in Utilities for Human Values in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Classroom.
- Building capacity in Utilities to sustainably provide Water and Sanitation services to Schools and surrounding communities in Abidjan.
Abidjan, Cote d'ivoire
M. Hilaire Doffou
Directeur, Direction des Resources en Eau
Ministere Des Eaux et de la Foret
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivore
Tel: 225 2346 3775 (h)
225 2032 2936/2031 2441 / 05871626 (o)
0587 1626 /07437060
Fax: 225 2032 2936
Values Based Water and Sanitation Contact
Mme. Bakayoko Marie Véronique Wacouboué
General Inspector of Education
Ministry of National Education
08 BP 1702 Abidjan 08
Tel: +225 05872575
Fax: +225 20220326