Background and objectives
The available vocational, industrial, and commercial training centres in the Occupied Palestinian Territories mainly target males and women’s participation is marginal. The proposed Technical and Vocational Training Centre (TVTC) will target underprivileged women, who not only have no source of income, but are also socially marginalized as divorced and widowed head of households.
The centre will be established in Hebron Governorate of the West Bank and will help empower the women and their families to improve their economic conditions and living standards through the provision of training and development initiatives.
Main activities include:
- Establishment of a technical and vocational training centre in Hebron, and
- Provision of a range of training opportunities and services for poor women
The expected results will include:
- Construction of the centre.
- Provision of furniture and equipment
- Training programme for the women
- Jobs created within the project for technicians, engineers and labourers
- Local economic development enhanced