Background and objectives:
The development of a study assessment of habitat for the city allows, among others aspects, to clarify the difference between housing offer and demand, and the concept of housing as physical, social, economic, political and cultural space where the society live resulting in the fulfillment of the basic needs of the population. The aim was to identify and assess the conditions of the urban habitat in Bogotá, specifically in two districts - Bosa and Usme - in order to inform the formulation, implementation and monitoring of urban development policies and programmes..
The main activities included:
- Processing of available surveys to quantify the housing situation of the city
- Analysis of limitations and scope of the various surveys in terms of ability to quantify the housing and the environment
- Report results and analysis of surveys
- Field work which allows the identification of what is part of the environment and what can be quantified from it
- Sampling by surveys to analyze the size of the habitat to determine the housing needs of residents Bogotá
- Seminars and training to officials of Metrovivienda on monitoring and follow up the measurements of habitat.