Building Bridges between citizens and local governments through Participatory Planning and Managing Conflicts and Differences
The tools on Conflict management and participatory planning are part of the UN-HABITAT series on Building bridges between citizens and local governments. The series is intended for NGO and CBO institutions and individuals serving in leadership and management roles. In addition the series also meet the training needs of local governments elected officials and their appointed professional and technical staff. These manuals are packaged in two parts; part 1, concepts and strategies and part 2-Toolkit
This manual has planning tools to increase collaboration and participation within organisations and communities and among various groups or individuals within a community such as local governments, NGOs, CBOs, their leaders, staff, and citizen constituents. The manual is reach in user possibilities and here are just a few examples of how these planning tools might be used to increase such collaboration and participation
- Training local government and NGO/CBO staff members to be more effective in working across organisational boundaries in shared leadership situations.
- Helping staff members in larger organisations develop knowledge and skills in providing staff consulting services of a facilitative nature to operating units within the organisation.
- Facilitating visioning and strategic planning endeavours at the request of local governments and other organisations such as operating NGOs and CBOs.
- Providing assistance to tactical planning groups that have been assigned program or crisis planning tasks by local government councils or large NGOs.
- Managing large community based dialogues about critical issues that are tearing apart the social and economic fabric of the society.
- Facilitating inter-organisational or intergovernmental work sessions on issues, opportunities, problems, or concerns that cut across institutional and jurisdictional boundaries.
Building Bridges through Participatory Planning - Part 1:Order Now and Download
Building Bridges through Participatory Planning - Part 2 :Order Now and Download
The intent of this training manual is to look at options that can help individuals, groups, organizations, communities, and local governments resolve their differences before they become intractable and destructive. It can be used to train local government officials, civic organization leaders and staff, and interested citizens in the fundamentals of negotiation, mediation and facilitated decision-making processes; increase the knowledge and skills of those who are already working in these roles and believe they can benefit from additional training; conduct orientation sessions for officials and citizens who want to know more about opportunities to manage conflict in their organizations and communities, and help train trainers to train others in the knowledge and skills associated with conflict management practices
Building Bridges through Managing Conflicts and Differences - Part 1 : Order Now and Download
Building Bridges through Managing Conflicts and Differences - Part 2: Order Now and Download