The objective of the GRHS mailing list is to promote global sharing of information on urban conditions and trends, principally drawing on the 'Global Report on Human Settlements'.
Monitoring and reporting priorities relevant to the implementation of the Habitat Agenda fall into three broad categories:
- Monitoring urban conditions and trends, including progress towards realization of the Habitat Agenda and the targets of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) on slums, water and sanitation;
- Improving understanding of emerging urban conditions and issues in a globalizing and urbanizing world; and
- Evaluating the effectiveness of past and present urban policies adopted by Governments and their partners in the implementation of the Habitat Agenda and the targets of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
The major instrument for monitoring the Habitat Agenda and the Millennium Development targets on slums, water and sanitation is the Global Urban Observatory, set up by UN-HABITAT during the early 1990s. UN-HABITAT's research based flagship reports, the Global Report on Human Settlements and The State of the World's Cities Report (published biennially) are the main vehicles for global reporting and dissemination of the agency's monitoring and substantive research results.
Join the mailing listMembers of the GRHS mailing list receive regular updates on the preparation of specific issues of the Global Report on Human Settlements.
To be included in the HS-Net mailing list and receive information on the Global Report on Human Settlements, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. First and last name
2. Institutional affiliation (choose from the list below)
3. Email address
- Ministry/National Government
- Local Government/Local Government Association
- Academic/Research and Training
- Non-Governmental Organisation/Community Based Organisation
- Private Sector Organisation
- Multi-lateral/United Nations
- Inter-governmental Organisation
- Individual Practitioner
- Other (please specify)