UNI is guided by its partners, represented by a Steering Committee. The Steering Committee includes members from all continents and aims to represent the varied interests, concerns and priorities of tertiary education institutions all over the globe.
The focal points of the Institutional members of UNI are eligible to nominate and elect members for the Steering Committee. Steering Committee members stand for two years, for a maximum of two terms.
The Steering Committee has the main purpose of:
- Providing strategic direction for UNI
- Developing a work plan
- Deciding work areas across the regions
- Updating priorities and membership criteria
The Steering Committee terms of reference are found under the "Resources" tab.
Steering Committee members
- Kalanithy Vairavamoorthy, University of South Florida (CHAIR, HUB COORDINATOR – Urban Futures)
- Sahar Attia, Cairo University
- Michelle Mycoo, University of the West Indies
- Dory Reeves, University of Auckland
- Mario R. Delos Reyes, University of the Philippines
- Hans Skotte, Norges Teknisk-Naturvitenskapelige Universitet
- Alison Brown, Cardiff University
- Eugenie Birch for World Urban Campaign
- Bruce Stiftel for GPEAN
- Shuaib Lwasa, Makerere University (HUB COORDINATOR – Climate Change)
- Christian Werthmann, University of Hannover (HUB COORDINATOR – Informal Urbanism)
- Suzanne Speak, Newcastle University (HUB COORDINATOR – Food Security)
- Lara Kinneir, London Metropolitan University (HUB COORDINATOR – Urban Governance)
- Ana Falu, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba (HUB COORDINATOR - Gender)