This tool provides local policy-makers and major stakeholders with a methodology to plan for climate change. These plans must address both mitigation (e.g., reducing the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere) and adaptation (responding to the impacts of climate change). If they are to be effective, local plans for climate change (both adaptation and mitigation) require the involvement of a variety of stakeholders and a specific focus on the most vulnerable groups.
Publications in the Cities and Climate Change series:
- Making Carbon Markets Work 2012
- Local Leadership for Climate Action 2011
- Developing Local Climate Change Plans 2012
- Planning for Climate Change 2011
- Participatory Climate Change Assessments